Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Maria Luisa Bemberg (1917-1995)

Sierra Club

Quotation

I entered film for ideological motives, Since childhood I had felt a sense of frustration, a double standard between my brothers and I. This was a rebellion I had had since being a girl, and it manifested itself especially after reading Simone de Beauvoir's Second Sex, which was like an explosion in the minds of the majority of women of my age. I will never be able to adequately express my appreciation for that book. It was like a dam that burst.

Books

Please browse our Amazon list of titles about Maria Luisa Bemberg. For rare and hard to find works we recommend our Alibris list of titles about Maria Luisa Bemberg.

AlibrisResearch

COPAC UK: Maria Luisa Bemberg
Films: Maria Luisa Bemberg
Library of Canada Search Form
Library of Congress: Maria Luisa Bemberg
Other Library Catalogs: Maria Luisa Bemberg

Biographical

Argentine film director. Her films include: "Yo, la peor de todas" (1990), "Camila" (1984), and "De eso no se habla" (1993).

Books from Alibris: Maria Luisa Bemberg

No comments: