Monday, July 23, 2007

Maya Angelou (1928-)

Sierra Club

Quotation

Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can't practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage.

Books

Please browse our Amazon list of titles about Maya Angelou. For rare and hard to find titles we recommend our Alibris list of titles about Maya Angelou.

AlibrisResearch

COPAC UK: Maya Angelou
Library of Canada Search Form
Library of Congress: Maya Angelou
Other Library Catalogs: Maya Angelou

Biographical

Maya Angelou is a poet, historian, author, actress, playwright, civil-rights activist, producer and director. She is Reynolds professor of American Studies at Wake Forest University in North Carolina. She has published ten best selling books and countless magazine articles. She wrote and delivered a poem at the 1993 presidential inauguration. [Adapted from International Institute for Sustainable Development]

Books from Alibris: Maya Angelou

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maya angelou is an awsome writter. she inspires me to read more

Unknown said...

I'm a post-master's college graduate, 65 yo black, WI ( I came to the US at the age of 11) and I am in the middle of reading, " I know Why The Cage Birds Sing." This is such a well written, touching and colorful book. What an excellent writer! I try to compare being raised in Haiti with her Southern upbringing; the clear similarities I find so far are the separate worlds between the children and the adults, and the strictness practiced by the adults. This book makes me cry and laugh at the same time. I can see why it is in the classical section. I'm saddened by the fact that I discovered Ms. Angelou's writing so late in life. Thank you Ms. Angelou!